1. The basic structure of a typical twisted nematic liquid crystal display (as shown in Figure 5).The basic structure of a typical twisted nematic liquid crystal display (as shown in Figure 5).
The flat glass substrate two has good lithography transparent conductive electrode pattern relatively placed together, the distance is 6~7 m, sealed with epoxy resin around, but on one side of the sealing edge leaving an opening through the vacuum injecting liquid crystal, then the mouth sealed with glue. A liquid crystal box, and then after the conductive glass outside, orthogonal with polarizer, a liquid crystal display device is composed of two complete.
For the TN liquid crystal display, a layer of orientation should be made on the inner surface of the liquid crystal, so that the liquid crystal molecules are arranged along the surface of the front and rear glass substrate.
The average direction of the long axis of liquid crystal molecules on the surface of the front and back two glass substrates is also orthogonal.
2. The initial arrangement of liquid crystal molecules
The basic principle of liquid crystal display: in the electric field, thermal field under the action of the liquid crystal molecules from the specified initial state transition state is arranged arranged in other ways, with the change of the molecular arrangement, the optical characteristics of the liquid crystal device is changed, so as to transform the visual changes, achieve the purpose of displaying images, so the initial alignment of liquid crystal molecules the uniformity and stability of the liquid crystal display device is the foundation work.
There are 7 kinds of typical liquid crystal molecular arrangement, as shown in Figure 6.
The following is a simple description of the arrangement of various liquid crystal molecules.
(1) the arrangement of vertical molecules: all liquid crystal molecules are arranged vertically on the sides of the two sides.
(2) the arrangement of the molecules along the surface: all the liquid crystal molecules are parallel to the base surface on both sides and are arranged in the same direction.
(3) the arrangement of the inclined molecules: all the liquid crystal molecules are inclined at a certain angle relative to the two sides of the tomb, and are arranged in the same direction.
(4) mixed molecular arrangement: the liquid crystal molecules are arranged vertically on one side of the substrate, while on the other side, the side faces of the liquid crystals are parallel arranged in the same direction, so the arrangement of the liquid crystal molecules is 90 degrees continuously between the two substrates.
(5) twisted molecular arrangement: all the liquid crystal molecules are parallel arranged on the sides of the substrate, but the direction of the two pieces of the tombs is 90 degrees, so the alignment direction of the liquid crystal molecules is continuously 90 degrees between the two substrates.
(6) a spiral arrangement along the surface: the spiral axis arranged by liquid crystal molecules is vertically arranged on the surface of the two sides of the substrate.
(7) the arrangement of the cones: the spiral axis of the liquid crystal is arranged in parallel to the sides of the cemetery on both sides, but the direction of the spiral axis is uncertain.